BBQ…..SUNDAY, JULY 1st
Produce Sale , Sunday September 2nd
Christmas Event……Sunday, December 9th
AGM 2019 Sunday April 14th….Venue to be decided
If you can’t collect them this Sunday, they will be at the Christmas do on Dec 10th so you can enjoy mulled wine a the same time!
The shop’s price list for 2017 now is available for download as a Microsoft Word document.
Dear Fellow Plot Holders,
1. AGM: The AGM will be held on Sunday 2nd April at 3:00 in Emmanuel Parish Hall, Didsbury. Before the AGM, at 2:00, there will be a talk by Mike Vernon and Robert Duff, from the Environmental Agency, about the EA’s work in the Mersey Valley. At the AGM there will be an up-date of progress with the new pavilion. Parking is available off Barlow Moor Road beside the church hall.
2. Shop: There are PICASSO, CARA, VALOR AND CHARLOTTE POTATOES AND STILL A MONTH TO PLANT THEM!
THERE ARE A FEW ONION SETS AND LOTS OT SHALLOTS( which are very easy to grow)!
Plenty of fertilisers and a variety of composts too. SLUG PELLETS AND MORE…… As always, we require volunteers on Sunday from 11:00 to 12:00 to help in the shop.
3. Manure: We have decided to move the manure to a site near the bonfire. We are also installing a letterbox in the shop door so that plot holders can pay when they take manure, in an attempt to reduce the numbers that ‘forget’ to pay.
4. Allotment competition. At the 2017 Manchester Allotments Competition P.J. Rowley, plot 71, won two prizes, one of which was for the best allotment in south Manchester. Congratulations P.J.!
Dear Fellow Plot Holders,
1. Shop: The shop will be closed during December and most of January. It will re-open on 29th January.
2. Potatoes, Onions and Shallots: Bernadette has ordered Arran Pilot, Lady Christl, Red Duke of York, Cara, Desiree, Picasso and Valor potatoes, as well as Sturton onions and shallots for Spring sowing. These will be available on a first-come-first-served basis in February.
3. Christmas Event: The Christmas Event will be held at the Rugby Club on the 11th December at 10:30 a.m. Mulled wine , coffee and fruit juice will be provided. Plot holders are requested to bring mince pies.
4. Gin Festival: Nick Walker has asked me to bring to all plot holders attention the Gin Festival to be held at St. Catherine’s Community Centre on Friday and Saturday the 2nd and 3rd December. The purpose of the event is to raise funds for repairs to the roof of the Community Centre. A poster describing the event is attached.
5. Bins: Bradley Fold has not been given any of the new black bins. I am trying to get the Council to reverse their decision but, so far, I have not been successful. We will organise a skip for February or March so that plot holders can get rid of accumulated rubbish.
1. Rents: Rents for next year are due in October and can be paid in the allotment shop on Sunday the 9th or 16th October between 11:00 and 12:00. The rents and membership are the same as last year, £5 membership and £54 rent for a full plot (300 square yards). A 50% concession rate is available on the rent. Plots not 300 square yards pay pro rata.
If it is not convenient for you to visit the shop on the 9th or 16th rents can be sent by post to Gordon Lorimer. Cheques should be made out to Didsbury Gardens Society. If you pay by post or drop the payment off at Gordon’s house, please include a copy of the attached Plot Renewal Form. It is essential that we have your up-to-date details, particularly your email address, and it is a Manchester Council requirement that a Renewal Form is filled-in every year.
2. Seed Catalogues: Kings Seed Catalogues and order forms are in the shop. We be making a bulk order of seeds only (onions and potatoes will be available in the shop, but will be obtained from Loaches, our wholesale supplier) . The completed order forms and payment, comprising the cost of the seeds plus one pound for handling and packaging by Kings, must be returned to the shop by the 30th October. If you do order your seeds through the allotment we get a substantial rebate from Kings which is added to the allotment’s account. Seeds should be in the shop, individually packed for each plot holder, by the end of November. Why not give your friends and relatives some seeds for Christmas?
3. Onions and Garlic: Red and white onion sets and garlic will be available in the shop from Sunday 25th September.
4. Help in the Shop: As always, we need volunteers to help in the shop on Sundays between 11:00 and 12:00. Please sign-up in the shop. It is a great opportunity to meet your fellow plot holders and discuss you crop successes. We hope that everyone could spend at least one hour helping in the shop during the year.
A list of stock and prices in the shop for 2016 is available for download here.
It’s also available via the download button on the shop page.
Attached is the up-to-date stock and price list for 2015 in Microsoft Word format.